Thursday, January 18, 2018 — For thousands of years, dogs have established themselves in the homes and hearts of humans, coming to be viewed almost exclusively as loyal, friendly, and obedient... which is why it is often so alarming and unexpected to owners when a dog attacks. So what causes dogs to act aggressively, and how can it be avoided? The answers are found in Bryan Bailey’s latest book, The Hammer: Why Dogs Attack Us and How to Prevent It (Best Seller Publishing), available this month wherever books are sold.
In The Hammer: Why Dogs Attack Us and How to Prevent It, Bailey answers the following questions:
• What are the leading causes of canine aggression?
• Why do dogs attack children?
• What are common mistakes made by people that cause dogs to attack them?
• Why do the number of attacks to Americans continue to rise each year?
• What is canine pharmacotherapy and how can it help lessen the number of attacks to Americans?
• Why do 50% of dog bite fatalities occur to the dog’s owner?
• Which breeds are most involved in dog bite fatalities?
• What are four factors that are involved in all dog attacks?
• What can we do to prevent attacks?
• If someone is attacked by a large dog, what should they do to prevent themselves from being seriously injured or killed?
• Why is this a uniquely American problem?
Bailey has spent more than three decades studying and teaching the influence of wolves over modern dogs, shedding light upon the instincts that trigger aggressive behavior - and what can be done to prevent it. Featuring both meticulously researched information and thrilling stories inspired by real-life victims, The Hammer offers the only resource you'll need to learn to protect yourself from situations in which man's best friend turns into your worst nightmare.
ABOUT BRYAN BAILEY: Bryan Bailey is a nationally-recognized, award-winning animal behaviorist, who has shared his expertise with FOX & FRIENDS, CNN, SiriusXM, Good Day NY, Talk of Alabama, Good Day Tulsa, Live at 9 Memphis, SheKnows.com, Dog World, Bloom Magazine, HOSS Magazine, At Home Mid-South Tennessee, Chicago Tribune, Miami Herald and more. Bailey is a nationally-certified Master Trainer and Pharmacotherapy Behaviorist and decorated veteran of the U.S. Navy, working extensively as a supervisor and trainer for the U.S. Navy’s classified dolphin and sea lion projects. He has studied wolves in the wild, trained law enforcement dogs for narcotics detection and search and rescue, and much more. Bailey is also the author of the award-winning book, Embracing the Wild in Your Dog. Bailey and his wife, Kira, reside in Memphis, TN, with their children, dogs and cats. Together, they own Taming the Wild and WILD DOGS. Learn more at http://fearfulandaggressivedogs.com and http://www.TamingtheWild.com.